Wednesday, January 25, 2017

32 Yolks: From My Mother's Table to Working the Line Book review

Pin It Now!

Oh Boy... A Book to read!

And what a Book... But first, recently I was asked by the good folks at Blogging for Books to review this book.  The book was free, but the opinions are all mine...

And another note... Those same good folks  at Blogging for Books offered to send me an Audible CD Version of the book.  I am trying to increase my cardio so i have started a daily walking workout (10K steps a day).  I LOVED the audio book, made the miles and steps and hours fly by!  SO even though I may talk about the book, really i am talking about the audio version... unabridged of course.

And my opinion... I LOVED THIS BOOK.

32 Yolks: From My Mother's Table to Working the Line is the autobiography of world famous chef, restaurateur, recipient of multiple James Beard awards and awarded multiple Michelin Stars.  It covers his early years, starting at 6, when his parents divorce and a bully of a step father moves into his life.  Through boarding school  and the lose of his biological father, his life is headed into a bitter reality that has ruined many souls.

BUT, through the kindness of an eccentric chef, young future chef Ripert was given an opportunity to find his passion.  The story covers his  years in a remote section of France with more Spanish roots that most French cooking bios cover.  His Culinary School experiences and his apprenticeship in various Parisian Starred Restaurants before finally allowed to blossom in his own right.

At times the stories are painful to hear, and equal parts inspiring to be a part of.  Very personal, with few blows to a soul glossed over, this is a story not to be missed on several levels.  The book reads like a novel, yet has an authenticity that shows the progression of a man that found his passion.

This covers the early part of the chef's life.  i am now inspired to search out the rest of the story...

Loved this book!

Here's links for the audio version as well as the book form...

   

Here's the legal stuff... "I received this book from Blogging for Books for this review." But the review and opinions are 100% accurate and mine!".  Love this book and highly recommend it!

I am so thrilled to add this book to my library.  A terrific inspiration.

As a gift or a new reference book for yourself, this is a keeper.

No comments:

Post a Comment

FMP